Online Learning and Technical Requirements | MSW
Our program has both face-to-face and online curricular components. The following are our technical recommendations to help you succeed in the program:
- A newer computer (operating system of Microsoft Windows Vista, v7 or v8 or Mac OSX 10.7 or 10.8)
- A computer with a USB-connected or built-in web cam
- High speed Internet connection
- Headset with microphone (USB connection recommended)
The preferred word processing application is Microsoft Word 2010 or Mac Word 2011.
1. Online learning with a personal touch
Our online students don't feel isolated; they establish a personal relationship with the college, faculty, staff and other online students. We help you become part of the community:
Personal advisors: Your own personal advisor will help you define an individual course plan to reach your goals, and will provide you with ongoing support to ensure your success.
Small class sizes: You'll learn along with other online students in small classes.
The right areas of study: You'll have access to some of the most sought-after degree programs. Use our Program Finder to locate the area of study you want to pursue.
On-campus equality: You'll have just about the same access to services as on-campus students, including:
OneStop Student Services, where counselors are available via email. These counselors also can be reached at (218) 723-6570, or toll-free at (877) 287-8716.
Student community groups where you can interact with other students and faculty/staff
2. Online learning in a robust environment
Online learning can be stale and lifeless, but not at St. Scholastica. Feel free to check out our online learning tools with our demo course. We have created a robust environment that includes:
An online learning tool offering a variety of learning strategies that keep you wanting to learn more
Individual and group work
Online discussions boards visited by other students and faculty
3. Online learning that shortens the time to earn a degree
- CSS Complete offers self-motivated learners with previous college credit a flexible and affordable pathway to finishing a college degree. We evaluate and validate learning acquired through a variety of settings, including massive open online courses (MOOCs), military service or work experience, and transfer credits. An Advisor helps determine how your previous experience meets our degree requirements. For many students, it's possible to design a very low-cost baccalaureate degree.
What's your next step? If you're ready to take your career to the next level, attend college without being at college. Contact one of our Admissions Counselors to get started today!