$495 / credit*
Master of Arts in Management
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2014-2015 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admission Requirements and Checklist
B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
Cumulative GPA of 2.8
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Applicants are expected to be ready for MBA-level work by having strong writing and quantitative thinking skills.
- Completed coursework in macro- and micro-economics at the undergraduate level with a grade of B or better within 7 years per Graduate Council Policy. Students without this coursework completed will be expected to successfully complete self-study modules offered by the School of Business & Technology.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Transcripts required: B.A./B.S. transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Upload a complete Graduate Management Programs (MAM & MBA) Essay (word or pdf).
The admissions essay should be written in essay format, address all of the questions below, represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate your ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced, graduate program. Revisions will be requested if these requirements are not met.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
" What life experiences lead you to pursue an MBA or Master's in Management?
" What leadership skills have you demonstrated in your field?
" In your own words, describe the attributes and skills you feel are important in leading a business or organization and why?
" What are your career goals and how will an MBA or Master's in Management support those goals?
" Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
If you are applying for the Dual Degree Program, prepare a 650-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the questions above but for BOTH the MBA AND Master's in Management degrees.
- Enter contact information for two references who observed and evaluate applicant's leadership competences or abilities. Recommendations from two different organizations preferred. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- Upload a current resume listing all education and work experience
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716(877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Program Start Dates
Our MAM program has two starts per year (fall and spring). Please refer to the Academic Calendar for start dates. This program follows the extended studies schedule.
- Submit Decision Response Form
See Graduate Transfer Credit Policy
Credit Transfer Application form