The majority of graduate programs will require that you take and submit scores from a standardized test. Following are the most common tests required:
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Most widely used by graduate programs.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Used for MBA and other graduate programs in business.
Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
Used by law schools.
Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
Used by medical schools.
Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
Used by pharmacy schools.
Dental School Admission Test (DAT)
Used by dental schools.
Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
Used by some graduate programs
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
May be required if English is a foreign language.
General Tips for Preparing:
• Leave time to take several practice tests.
• Take advantage of test prep books and on-line tutorials.
• Treat and schedule test preparation like another class.
• Learn how to approach the test not just the content of the test.
• Consider taking the prep sessions offered through the McNair Scholars program.
•Preview a Kaplan class Free and learn valuable strategies to raise your score on Standardized Graduate School tests
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811