Healthcare Administration Concentration
St. Scholastica has prepared students to be leaders and problem-solvers in the health care field for 100 years. This program combines the school's expertise in health sciences and management to prepare future healthcare administrators to help improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare delivery.
Graduates of this program will receive a bachelor of arts in management degree with a healthcare administration concentration.
- 100% online option. Move your career forward without leaving your career. On-ground courses are also available.
- Designed for working adults. Balancing work, family and school can be a challenge, so we've designed this program with this in mind.
- Become a leader. The healthcare industry is growing rapidly and needs excellent managers with the specialized skills the medical field requires.
In this program, students will master core business skills and develop specialized skills that are unique to healthcare management. Graduates will be skilled in the following areas:
- Healthcare information systems and technology
- Management and interpersonal communications
- Process development
- Risk management and legal issues
- Human resources
Healthcare administrators plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the delivery of healthcare. This includes a wide variety of roles, from large hospitals, physicians' offices, rural clinics and nursing and residential care facilities. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 16% growth rate in healthcare administration by 2018.
Who is this program designed for?
- Those who work in healthcare administration but who don't yet have a 4-year degree.
- Those interested in pursuing a management career in a healthcare organization.
See our curriculum page for course titles and descriptions.
St. Paul Campus