The Theatre Minor requires 22 credits in CTA 2100 (4 cr.), 3330, 3331, and
1. Performance Emphasis: CTA 2150, 2202, and one of the following: CTA 2250, 4150, 4250, 4999.
2. Technical Theatre Emphasis: CTA 2100 - Technical (2 cr.), 2250, and one of the following: CTA 2150, 4150, 4250, 4999.
All theatre minors are required to work on a minimum of four productions with at least one technical theatre practicum. The technical theatre practicum can be taken for zero credits if option one is chosen.
Theatre minor outcomes.
1. Students will develop a general understanding and appreciation of the major periods of theatre history and the major pieces of dramatic literature.
2. Theatre students will develop a sense of responsibility for their own performance as well as for the entire production.
3. Theatre students will develop skills for use in performance and technical theatre that will allow the student to work in theatre beyond the collegiate environment. The students will understand how to effectively communicate a play to an audience through both performance and technical elements.
Check out the St. Scholastica Theatre Program website for additional information
Merry Renn Vaughan
Chair, Communication, Theatre and Art
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811-4199
The theatre group recently took a trip to London. Read about our experiences below.