Outcome 1: Accept and value the challenges and responsibilities involved in being a first year college student.
- Actively engage in intellectual development.
- Take responsibility for personal choices.
- Articulate how personal choices impact self, learning and others.
- Develop the necessary skills to make informed meaningful choices.
- Evaluate choices based on the theme of Dignity.
Outcome 2: Reflect on issues from various perspectives.
- Become actively engaged in learning.
- Clarify values.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop the capacity to understand and interact effectively with others who differ in beliefs, behaviors, values and worldview.
Outcome 3: Make connections with the larger community.
- Become familiar with the St. Scholastica mission statement and our identity as a Catholic, Benedictine community.
- Explore a variety of experiences and perspectives on the St. Scholastica campus and the greater community.
- Become actively engaged in at least one St. Scholastica community group.