Photo credit to artifacting.com
Tut-tut, it looks like rain!
Sometimes, those rainy days are just downright depressing. Even though damp and dreary days are ahead, I won't let it rain on my parade.
To beat the weather woes, here is a list of the top 15 things you can do bring a little sunshine back into these gray days.
1. Channel your inner Julia Child and try out those recipes you've been collecting on Pinterest. Bon appétit!
2. Keep your mind busy: chess, hide-and-seek, board games, videogames, Texas Hold ‘Em, Sudoku, crafts.
3. Venture out and to go a museum. What's more perfect than a dark, dreary day and visiting Glensheen? *cue thunder and eeriness*
4. Make tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Hello, Nostalgia!
5. Clean, rearrange, and organize. Now that it is spring, might as well do some spring cleaning!
6. Go camping... indoors! Pitch a tent or do it the old-fashioned way: grab bundles of blankets and plenty of pillows and build a fort (And if anyone needs to get a hold of me, I will be in my pillow fort...coloring).
7. Sleep. Plain and simple.
8. If it's a-rumblin' and a-tumblin,' go chase the storm. Just don't get swept up in the tornado - I don't think we're in Duluth anymore, Toto.
9. Pamper yourself. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure, wear a face mask and a robe, paint your nails, exfoliate your skin, and style your hair. You deserve it.
10. Stuck in the house with nothing to do? Grab that book you've been dying to read.
11. Go for a walk. Seriously! Run through the rain. Pounce into the puddles. Let the rain literally wash your worries away. *I'm singing in the rain. Just singing in the rain. What a glorious feelin,' I'm happy again*
12. If getting soaked isn't your style, sit by the window. Grab a cup of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee, some snacks, and watch the rain pitter-patter against the glass.
13. Start a conversation. Catch up with your friends, give your parents a call, or write a letter.
14. Begin your Christmas shopping early. Head out to the mall or shop online in the comfort of your pajamas.
15. The obvious choice? Movies. You can go out to the cinemas with your friends, or just stay in bed with your fuzzy blanket and have your own movie marathon in bed.
Even though Mr. Sun loves to shine down on us, gray days can just be as cheerful. Rainy days are no excuse to frown, so don't let the clouds get you down.
Ta ta for now,